Video: Assert Yourself
| || |
Assertive employees are more likely to communicate valuable ideas and talk about problems that might otherwise remain hidden; assertive, confident staff will be more motivated and productive.
Video Length: 28 Minutes
Purchase Includes: Assert Yourself DVD (28 mins) with DVD extras (10 mins).
|7 Day Rental DVD:||$ N/A|
|Intranet License:||Call (888)215-8532 for quote.|
Everyday Industry Discounts*
|Business / For-Profit:||See Current Special >>>>|
|Federal Gov||$200 Off|
|State / Local Gov||$100 Off|
|501C3 Non-Profit:||$100 Off|
* Restrictions: Applies to purchase DVD only; industry discounts cannot be combined with volume discounts and special offers)
To order Assert Yourself , click the ADD TO CART button in the pricing section, or Click here for more purchasing options; call toll free 888-215-8532 9am - 7pm EST with any questions.
The Objective - To show staff what assertive behavior is and isn't, and how and when to be assertive.
Assertive behavior means saying what we want, need, feel, think or believe in ways which are direct, honest and appropriate, but also respects the rights of those we are addressing - treating ourselves and those we work with as professional adults. It's the balance between passive and aggressive behavior.
Passive behavior has the advantage of avoiding confrontation but fails miserably at getting what you want. While aggressive people often appear to be successful, they rarely win the willing co-operation of their colleagues in the long run.
Being assertive, on the other hand, is much more advantageous. Assertiveness does not conflict with listening and accepting the views of others, such as a colleagues or customers, and is more likely to lead to a satisfactory solution to any problem.
By behaving more assertively your staff can be more positive, more creative and better equipped to get their job done effectively.
This new program looks at:
- What assertiveness is
- Passive and aggressive behaviors and their advantages and disadvantages
- Getting your inner dialogue right
- Honesty and relevance when communicating
- Assertive responses to different types of behaviors
- Assertive requests
The techniques of assertive behavior are shown in the new program in a series of real life situations from in an office, within meetings, to even in a hospital looking both at the wrong way and right way scenarios.
The new program includes additional DVD extras that cover the following:
- The role of body language in assertiveness
- Dealing with aggressive people
- Giving and receiving praise
- How to communicate assertively via email
- Passive-aggressive behavior
Return on Investment:
- Assertive behavior allows potentially valuable ideas to be aired
- Encourages staff to talk about problems that might otherwise remain hidden
- Assertive, confident staff will be more motivated and productive.
! This program is available in our new Digital Content Library; which allows you to create highly tailored courses by using our content in smaller, bite size chunks. It makes it easy to produce your own unique, and uniquely relevant, training. allows you to customize exactly what you need from hundreds of employeeuniversity.com programs.
Click Here or call 800-774-4870 for more information